WHO WE ARE
The Association of Information and Communication Media (AMIC - previously ACPG) was set up in 1997 and was born with the objective of being the interlocutor of a group that enjoys great popularity and outreach within all sectors of the population.
AMIC is currently composed by over 240 media, out of which over a hundred are free press media with a distribution superior to two and a half million copies; while over a hundred associates are digital media with over two and a half million unique users.
AMIC is an association dedicated to serve media companies, both free press and digital, while acting as a patronal for its members. This means we are there to defense all media in this sector, to act with professionalism and to promote beneficial actions for all communication media.
The distribution of free press and digital media, deeply rooted in many Catalan cities, offers rich and useful editorial content of each area or for each population group. The Catalan newspaper is unique case in Europe because of its strong presence throughout the country and because of its commitment, for years, to the quality both in content and format. A country with great tradition of free press where there are several types of formats, frequency and content, which often focus on a very specific type of public or specialized and dedicated to a single topic, such as economy, entertainment, children or students, among many others.
In addition, since the association favours the exchange of professional experiences, opinions and suggestions from all publishers, we have developed joint platforms that allow all publishers to enjoy great tools and resources that help improve their management systems and the quality of their media.
Its main objectives:
1. To defend the interests of its members and the whole group of free press, both in paper and digital, excluding defense activities of professional interests referred to in the law 19/1977 of 1 April, regulating the right of trade union.
2. To represent its members before the government and different institutions.
3. To promote legislative initiatives and / or administrative benefits for free newspapers, both in paper and digital format.
4. To encourage public and joint presence of free newspapers, both in paper and digital format.
5. To promote the creation of a structure to support the free press, both in paper and digital format.
6. To dignify the group as professional communication media.
7. To facilitate the planning of advertising acting as a mediator between its members and advertisers, agencies and media brokers.
8. To exchange knowledge and information among its members and to promote joint projects.